Thursday, October 18, 2007

Everyone needs a Caden


I know, I know - it's been a long time. There is a reason behind that, which I won't go into, but there is a reason. Nonetheless, I want to brag on my little Caden this go around. Everyone needs a Caden in their home. He is the wittiest, spunkies, sweetest, smartest little guy. Here are just a few examples:

Today we were headed out run some errands. Caden said from the back of the car "Mom, will you show dad where my pre-school is?" To which Ryan replied "Caden have you forgotten that I have picked you up before?" Caden just disregarded what his dad had said, and continued to tell us it is where the red finger is.?.?.? I wondered myself what that could mean, thinking of possible Halloween decorations at nearby houses, that's about all the further I could get in trying to figure out what the red finger meant. As he's telling us about the red finger, I look at him and he is pointing to the left with his index finger extending out and back. As we get to the street where we would normally turn, sure enough, a sign right on the corner for a property for sale. A big red hand with a red finger pointing that direction. Oh, the things he notices.

Speaking of pre-school, while we were on our way home from it the other day, Caden pointed out a big American flag next to our church. He said "Hey that's our flag". I thought I would teach him a little something and tell him it is for the United States of America. He then proceeded to recite the entire pledge of allegiance, start to finish, without missing a beat. Who knew he knew that? I sure didn't. I laughed so hard listening to his little voice say big words like allegiance, republic, indivisible. I ask him every day what he learns about pre-school and we only get as far as snack time, washing our hands and playing outside. Glad to know he is actually learning.

Finally, we have a little tradition around here that I hope never goes. Each night at bed time, he asks if I will lay down with him so he can brush my hair! I love that!!! Not only is it a little bit of heaven to have my hair played with so long, but he asks so many questions and it is fun to watch his mind think and absorb so much.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that he plays with your hair. He is such a sweetheart! It was so cute to hear him say the Pledge on the phone.

Lance and Becky said...

How cute is he! I love getting my hair played with, I wish that was a tradition in our house :) He's a cutie!

Cala said...

Martha Caden is so stinkin cute!!! The things they say!!! :0 I can't wait for Daigen to get that age...

Melissa Savage said...

Hey guys! I just saw your comment on our post,I'm little slow, I need to update our blog more. I saw your name on Heather's blog once too, it seems like all you Boise people know each other, what a fun place to grow up! We've checked out your blog a few times, your family is so cute! Caden has gotten so big, and adorable! We'll have to check out the other Oxford Squarers and add them to our blog, once I figure out how to add people!

*NaTaLiE SaNdaLL* said...

I'm not sure what song was playing first because it is set to randomly choose one. I got my music from projectplaylist.com. If you scroll to the end of my blog you can see all my songs and click on them to listen to a different one. Good luck!

jenny said...

Martha, he is such a doll. Crew still plays with my hair when he is tired. I love it! There is nothing better than those tender moments. they grow sooo fast! My oldest will be 12 this week, yikes! Enjoy every minute because you will blink and he'll be grown.

Becca Brown said...

He is adorable!! It's amazing & scary to not know what they learn. Keep having moments where he feels he can talk with you. It will be beneficial for all of you as he gets older.

The Richards in Canada said...

too funny! I ask Nali every time I pick her up what they learned...she kept on telling me "firefighters" for about 2 weeks...I finally clued in that she was just saying that since it was the first thing that came to her head...So finally I'd say "Nali..." then she'd tell me what they really talked about...what a stinker!