Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ward Campout

This weekend was the ward campout at Givens Hot Springs. We've never dared camp out with Avery, and the only camping Caden has done is in the backyard with Ryan. We decided to brave it and see how it went. Happily, we can say the kids did great. Avery loved running around with kids her size and Caden enjoyed his buddy Easton Fabrizio (which is why he isn't in any pictures - they ran around crazy the whole time). This was my kind of camping - a pool, outdoor bathrooms, grass...not a bad setup. Despite camp being right on the highway and hearing cars all night with a little airport right accross the street, the kids slept better than mom and dad. As soon as we got home, we put Avery down for a nap, a movie on for Caden and Ryan and I took naps.

Avery and Braxton Fabrizio

A tired little girl at the end of the trip

5 comments:

s g said...

we won't be camping with our kids for a while. lewis and greg went to the father's and sons outing with our stake and lewis wouldn't go to sleep until 11 pm and woke up at 5 am...luckily it was Greg and not me dealing with it :)...I am glad your kids did well...looks like a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

Glad things went well with Avery at night. Wish we could have been there. Looking forward to boating next week.

Matthew Gardner said...

martha...nice to hear from you on my blog. I've added your family to my list. Cute kids. It's been too long since I had an update on your lives.

Porter Family said...

Martha and Ryan...Heather (Griffitts) Porter from Intramurals...Kristen found our family's blog from searching other ones, and that is how I saw yours. You guys look great! Your kids are so cute! What are you up to these days? We are in Illinois. Our blog site is www.theporterparty.blogspot.com if you want to see my little family. My husband is pretty funny and he set up our blog for us-thus the name. Anyways, nice to see you again! Heather

Autumn said...

You really are brave! The thought of camping with kids sends terror to my heart. Ok, actually the thought of camping at all does that, but seriously--good job Grace Family!!